Rotation and Coordinates
Finally, the official “coding period” of GSoC finally began a couple of days ago. From where we started of with Sunkit-Pyvista, to where we are today makes me feel a tad bit happy! 😄
Weeks 1 and 2 were initially set out for me to complete adding rotation functionality to the library, which started off great, but ended up causing some confusion 😅.
This was quickly sorted out and we went with not having to implement rotation functionality and moved on, learning that not everything will go according to plan and it’s okay for stuff to not work out at times.
The rest of the work that I had set out to do was completed well and it was all smooth sailing from then on.
- We worked on implementing the setting of the initial camera position from Astropy’s Skycoord.
- A few 2D methods were converted to it’s 3D counter part to be used.
- Unit tests for the implemented methods were added as well.
I’m don’t know the first thing when it comes to astrophysics or astronomy, I do know that there is some pretty cool stuff going on out there though! I may not know what that is, but there’s a small sense of satisfaction in knowing that maybe whatever I’m doing is going to help someone out there do their work better.
So far, so good.